Last updated: September 19th, 2020
We respect the privacy of our users and every person who visits our sites chattoapotato.com. Here, CHAT TO A POTATO (“we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chattoapotato.com is a meticulously designed digital platform that provides a convenient way for users to connect with each other by creating a user profile and listing out their problems (anxiety, depression, gender identity, etc). Users can then filter search for other user who ‘can help’ or ‘need help’ in the specific life problems that they have listed on their profile. Our platform allows users to instant chat and send voice messages, as this is the preferred method of communication for our young millennials.
In our current world, many of us live a competitive and busy life. We want to remind society to never ignore the importance of healthy mind. Our platform allows you to express your problems and feelings anonymously. We understand that it is not easy to open up and be vulnerable to people near you, because of fear of judgement, or rejection. This platform was created out of good intentions to allow young people to seek help within a community that would understand them best- those who are going through the same problem as you, or those you have overcome them. We are all suffering in our own ways, in one form of another. We can all bind together to support one another, regardless of the nature of our problems.
Professional therapy serices (coming soon):
Millennials are known as the ‘therapy generation’ and research has shown that mental health is a priority for young people. As a generation that suffers from a desire to be perfect, when we feel as though we've not met this expectation, we are urged to seek help. We google for answers, read books, and seek therapy. In the eyes of a millennial, therapy is seen as a form of self- improvement.
Ever since we started in 2015, we grew to over 40,000 users, and many of our them have urged us to provide professional therapy services. We are currently recruiting professional certified therapists who can offer long-term meaningful help to our users. This will be a paid service and all communication will be via our platform. Mode of communication would be instant messaging and sending of voice notes.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The Personal Information you disclose to us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our services when participating in activities on the Site or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Site, the choices you make, and the services and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, gender, country, age, and other similar contact data.
Listing of Problems. Our services are designed to help connect you to the most appropriate user and therapist. When using chattoapotato.com, you will be asked about your current struggles and problems, as well as what issues or problems that you think you can help someone else in. We refer to this information in order to provide a matching algorithm.
Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
Information automatically collectedWe automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Site. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser, and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Site and other technical information. If you access our site with your mobile device, we may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer), operating system, version information, and IP address. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Site, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Information collected from other SourcesWe may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other third parties.
If you have chosen to subscribe to our newsletter, your first name, last name and e-mail address will be shared with our newsletter provider. This is to keep you updated with information and offers for marketing purposes.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send administrative information to you for related to your account, our business purposes, and/or for legal reasons. We may use your personal information to send you any new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Request Feedback for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Site.
- To protect our Site for Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communications with your consent. We may use your information to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for our business purposes and as legally required.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm as legally required. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Site, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the s safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use information about your visits to our Site and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions, or other content to the Site) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Site, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity.
5. IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
Our website server is located at Singapore. We will not transfer your personal information to an overseas recipient.
6. Analytics and advertising
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service. It is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies". These are text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
Google Analytics cookies are stored based on Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO. The website operator has a legitimate interest in analyzing user behavior to optimize both its website and its advertising.
7. WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We do not hold any chat history of users. User has right to erase all his chat history by clicking on a ‘clear all chat’.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
9. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Site is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site.
11. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
12. DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) who is responsible for overseeing questions about this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact Data Protection Officer, at our e-mail email@example.com.
13. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.